This was a paper that I had to write for my college English class and I thought it was pretty good, so I wanted to share it with everyone. So here it is:
It was a hot and humid Northern Michigan summer day. The sun was shining bright and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. My boyfriend, Andrew, and I decided to take a walk over to the Mt. McSauba sand dunes. We took a trail through the woods and came to a big forest hill we had to climb. Andrew held my hand and helped me climb up it so I wouldn’t fall. When we got to the top of the hill, we just had to go a few more steps and we were at the top of the sand dunes. They were absolutely beautiful, the way they went up and down and the last ones fell right into Lake Michigan. I started running down the hill and Andrew was right behind me. He finally caught up to me towards the bottom of the hill. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and swung me in a circle. We started racing up another hill and he would let me get in the lead but then he would grab my hand and pull me back. We continued this for a while but it was getting hot and we were both getting tired. Finally, Andrew stopped and said, “Hey, let’s go find some shade to rest in,” his voice sounding full of happiness and joy. So we climbed to the top of a sand dune and took some comfort under the shade of a really old tree. Before he would let me sit down, he cleared the dead twigs and leaves that were under the tree so we would be a little more comfy. He sat down and I laid my head in his lap. We sat there for a little while talking and listening to each other’s dulcet voices. We talked about what we liked and what we didn’t like, our family, what we wanted to do after school, and so much more. He would make me laugh and I would make him smile. We were staring into each other’s eyes; his were light blue and reminded me of the lake that was just a little ways further from us. Andrew had his head directly above mine and it kept inching closer and closer to mine. Finally, there was a pause in the conversation and he lowered his head down to mine and his lips, ever so gently, touched mine. My stomach did a back flip. His lips were soft and smooth against mine. I could feel all the emotion and, even then, the love that went into that kiss. I did not want this wonderful moment to come to an end but, eventually, the kiss broke off and I believe he could feel how unbelievably happy I was at that moment. We both had the biggest smiles on our faces. This is one of the best moments of my life and I know that no matter what happens I will never ever forget this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment